Apparently, I have a problem with blogging.
However, everything will change this summer.
Tomorrow is my last day teaching at the current high school I work at. I have a strange mixture of emotions. Sometimes I am extremely happy and overjoyed, but then on Tuesday I was almost crying. Probably because my favorite class is finished their Final on Tuesday so I will probably never see any of them again. Sad. I wished them the best with their future lives.
I will be starting a new job in August. I will be teaching Chemisty and Topics in Physics (physics for freshman). I am pumped to have my own classroom for the very first time and not be a student teacher or a long-term sub. I am excited to organize my classroom the way I want to organize it. I am excited to get a Smartboard. I am excited to meet new people and share my ideas without being scared that people are going to think I'm a silly sub/student teacher. I am meeting with my new co-workers on June 2 to go over curriculum and see my classroom!
My summer officially starts in about 36 hours. There is no job involved, but I do have goals that I will to accomplish by the end of July.
Summer Goals
1. Have my entire first year of teaching planned
-All calendars, lesson plans, labs, powerpoints, activities, procedures
-This will make my life so much easier next year. All I will need to do is fix
lessons up a bit and then BAM ready to teach my face off
2. Clean out my room and go through all Columbia Crap
-When I moved home from Columbia, I literally just stuck all the boxes into
the basement. Those need to be half-trashed. Also, I have lived in my room
for 8 years now and obviously a mountain of crap have clustered in every
cornor of the room, so that also needs to be half-trashed.
3. Train rabbit to "come"
-I really think I can accomplish this. He comes to his cage when I bring out treats.
He will also now jump into my lap for treats. I want him to be more cat-like. The
end goal for rabbit is a snuggle bunny.
4. Obviously loose 10 pounds. Enough said.
5. Add some color to my body. Enough said.
6. Travel.
-I am planning Indiana, Michgan, and Colorado. There may be more.
More later.
Thursday, May 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment